incarmusic

Incarmusic UK

Incarmusic offers the brand car accessories including car stereos, car speakers, car audio, Ipod car interface kits, Iphone car interface kits and more at affordable cost. Browse website today!

Top Tips for City Living And Transport

If you have never lived in a big city before, then the transport might take you somewhat by surprise. For example, I grew up in the countryside in the UK and then moved to London. I was used to driving my car everywhere, but when I arrived in London, I soon discovered that was practically impossible.

And not only was it practically impossible, but it was also impossibly impractical too. There's just no point in driving if you live in a large city. It takes a lot more time to get from point-A to point-B in a private car when compared to other options out there.

Do You Need a Car?

The first thing to think about is whether you actually need a car. When I first moved to London, I kept my car because I thought it would be practical. However, after a year, I realised that it was costing me money unnecessarily. I have to pay for parking permits, London rape insurance, Fuel consumption from sitting idle in traffic, and expensive road tax. It just wasn't worth the anymore.

Several cities in the UK are large enough that you don't need a car at all. If you live in one of these cities, such as Birmingham, Manchester, and even places like Southampton, you really need to stop and think about how practical it is for you to own a car.

You might believe that it's impractical to not have at least one car per household. However, for the limited time that you actually need to use a car each year, you might as well just rent the car. For example, I make trips to Newcastle at least once every 3-month. Whenever I need to do that, I just use a car rental service in Leyton. It costs me around £150 for the weekend and that actually works out far cheaper than either buying a car or taking the train.

Public Transport Tips

Ok, so we've established that if you live in a large city in the UK, you probably don't need to own a car. This means that you will have to start relying on public transport, so here are a few tips to remember:

1. Public transport gets a lot cheaper if you buy season tickets. On the buses, you can normally by week riders, month riders, and the riders. The longer the rider, the cheaper the ticket. You have to be careful not to lose it or it can be expensive.  The trains also have similar tickets. If you're not taking advantage of things like Oyster Travel Cards, then you are wasting a lot of money.

Shut out the rest of the world with your mobile technology.  If you're anything like me and the, you might get a bit flustered on public transport when it gets too busy. I get sensory overload. To minimise this I do two things. First, I wear dark glasses. This helps to block out some of the light, which then helps to reduce how much sensory input I'm getting. I also use my mobile phone to listen to music. It's the same as car stereos installations in your car, but the advantage is that you can also read things.

Getting rid of your car can be one of the best things you do if you live in a city. It can save you an astronomical amount of money in the long-term.